About UsOur history, mission and people...
The Executive Committee is the body governing The Bahamas Red Cross Society between sessions of the Central Council. It is composed of: –
- The President, not more than three (3) Deputy Presidents, the Treasurer, the Deputy Treasurer, the Legal Advisor and the Director General;
- Four (4) members elected by the Central Council;
- The Chairpersons of Regional, Branch and Centre Committees;
- Not more than six (6) members appointed by those Government Ministries or Departments particularly interested in the work of the Bahamas Red Cross Society, namely:-
- the Ministry responsible for Health
- the Ministry responsible for Education
- the Cabinet Office
- the Ministry responsible for Foreign Affairs
- the Social Welfare Department
- the Ministry responsible for Employment and Immigration
- Four (4) outstanding personalities chosen by the Executive Committee for their specific competencies or because of their interest in the Bahamas Red Cross Society.
Our current President is Mrs. Terez Curry